Old July 25th 05, 01:19 AM
chibitul

"Too ofter people take perfectly good OEM parts out ..."

Thanks, that's why I asked. I do not want to throw money down the drain
if not necessary!

As a side question, does anyone know why the resistance of these
"wires" is so high? Notice that I put the word wire in between quotes.
in DC, a normal wire of that length (let's say 30 cm) and that diameter
(a few mm) should have 0 Ohms (well, 0.1 Ohms or so, most Digital
MultiMeters would have trouble reading such a low resistance anyway).
but now KiloOhms. Why?, I understand that the "resistance" of the spark
plug is much higher, thus all the voltage drop will occur across the
gap and the spark forms there, however a lower wire resistance will not
hurt.

The only thing I can think of (and remember, I am not Auto mechanic at
all) is some soft of protection. Either to protect the coil, or perhaps
the auto mechanic? if the resistance of the wire was small, the current
would be higher, and possibly deadly?

Wait a minute, that doesn't work, what if I unplug the wire right from
the distributor and I put a nail in there, then the voltage there is
much higher, the resistance of the nail is virtually zero and very
dangerous for me.