Old May 10th 05, 02:18 PM
Tom in Missouri

First you need to tell us where they are hitting. Spring, frame, body,
trailing arm, brake cable bracket, brake caliper, etc.

It is very important that you are able to thread the lug nuts on at least
the depth equal to the stud diameter, i.e., if 7/16th dia, then thread on at
least 7/16th inch deep. Spacers reduce the ability to do this when using
tapered seat lug nuts and that is all you can use with steel wheels.

The factory 8 inch rally should have 3-9/16 spacing from the edge of the
bead to the backside of the mounting face.

15x8 AZ 3-9/16
15x7 AG 3-5/16
15x6 DC 3-1/8

Monte Carlo
15x7 FW 3-7/8 Usually hit the spring.

"tony wright" > wrote in message
news
> I just purchased a set of 15x8 rallys for my '65 vette. I was told by the
> manufacturer they would fit. The front fits, but the rear ones are hitting
> on the inside. Has anyone else had this problem? What is the remedy?

Should