Old June 12th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 1973 Mach 1 radio wiring question (Help)

Hi Group,
I am trying to install an original 1973 AM/FM 8-Track radio and cannot find
the what color wires to hook up for power.
I know that the light blue w/ red stripe and black (separate harness from
what I think is the speaker harness) will power up the light. But when I try
the speaker harness, orange w/ green stripe, pink w/ purple stripe, orange
w/ green stripe, pink w/ green stripe, white w/ green strip, black w/ white
dashed stripe (ground?) I get static on the speaker when I drag the wires
accross the wire, but no audio.

Is the only power hook up I need the light blue w/ red stripe and black w/
white stripe for power?
I've searched for a long time online and haven't found any help.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Dave