Old September 9th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ed White[_1_]

Default They're MFFYs *Off* the Road, Too

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> "C. E. White" > said in
> rec.autos.driving:
>

> >"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> >> This coming from a man who is on record as being an unrepentant LLB.

> >I am not a Left Lane Bully.

> But you are a Left Lane Blocker.

I'll get out of faster driver's way in a safe and legal manner, no
matter how big a jerk they may be. This does not mean I'll drive 90 in
a 65 becasue another driver feels empowered to do so. I don't
understand the idea that people who are willing to drive well above the
speed limit have a special claim on the left lane. I am in full
agreement with the idea that slower traffic should keep right except to
pass. This is not the same as "you must cling to the right lane becasue
some jerk doing 25 over the speed limit might catch you before you
complete your pass."

When did they add a statue that givs rude agressive impatient drivers
the right of way? Just becasue someone feels empowered to try to
intimidate others, it doesn't make them right. It just makes them a
rude jerk.

> Your position is well known. It can be summed up as "I'll get out of
> your way when I'm damn good and ready."

Your opinion, not mine. My attitude is different. First, I'll try to
stay out of your way if it is obvious you will catch me before I can
complete my pass (i.e., I won't move over to the left to try to preempt
you from passing me). However, if I am in the process of passing a car,
I am not going suddenly increase my speed to a level I am not
comfortable with just becasue you are impatient. I'll finish my pass in
a safe manner. It seems to me I could sum the attittude you express as
"I'm special, get out of my way." You seem to think it is perfectly OK
for me to be held up for 20 or 30 seconds behind a slower car waiting
on another car coming up behind me becasue it is possible it might (or
might not) catch me before I complete my pass, but if I hold a faster
car up for even 5 seconds I am a bad person.

> Quite the opposite of the Golden Rule driving that I and others here
> practice.

When did they rewrite the Golden Rule? Oviously I missed the new
version - "Screw them becasue you are special."

> I'm a wreckless driver and damn proud of it!

That sort of sums you up doesn't it. Incompetent, dangerous, and proud
of it. At least for you I think "ignorance is bliss," needs to be
rewritten as "arrogance is bliss."

Ed