Old July 20th 05, 10:22 AM
proffsl

Is it really so difficult to shake off the harness? Clearly, in a knee
jerk fashon, you fealt the need to try to humiliate me. But, for who's
benefit, for what purpose, and in who's eyes? I present you with
evidence of my claim, you offer no counter evidence of any sort, then
come off with some cutesy limerick! Are you under the impression you
proved anything to anybody, other than the ability to plagerize cutesy
limericks?

You have lived in this harness for so long, you are afraid to live
without it, you are afraid to consider living without it, and to avoid
doing that, you are afraid to even admit the harness exists! And, in
your case, plagiarizing cutesy limericks is a defense mechanism,
protecting you from unwanted thought and observations.

You probably wouldn't dare follow it, but this is a link to a site
where the 1937 Detroit Michigan Driver's Handbook is shown. At the
time of the publishing of this handbook, "driving" was still openly
admitted by Cities and States as a Right.
http://www.us-highways.com/trtdr00.htm

Let's try another approach at this. Surely you would have to admit our
Constitution recognizes our Personal Right to Liberty. And, surely you
would have to admit that this implies a Personal Right to Travel on
Public Highways, Roads, Paths, and other Public Right of Ways. If you
can't admit even this, then I can only think you humiliate yourself.

Assuming you admit we have the Personal Right to Travel on our Public
Highways, in what manner should we Travel on them other than the
Ordinary (the usual) manner of Travel on them? Should we be limited to
only extraordinary manners of Travel on them, which in turn may be, and
are in many places, prohibited because they obstruct the ordinary
manner of Travel?

And, how can you have a Right to something extraordinary which can be
prohibited because it obstructs the ordinary? You can't! If there
must be a choice between the Ordinary manner of Travel and a certain
extraordinary manner of Travel, the Right must always go with the
Ordinary manner of Travel.

If you have the Right to Travel on Public Highways, Roads, Paths and
other Public Right of Ways, then you have the Right to Travel on Public
Highways, and you have the Right to Travel on Public Roads, and you
have the Right to Travel on Public Paths, and you have the Right to
Travel on other Public Right of Ways.

If you have the Right to Travel on Public Highways, then, formost, you
have the Right to Travel on them in the manner Ordinarly used on them.
The Ordinary manner yesterday was the Ordinary manner yesterday. The
Ordinary manner today is the Ordinary manner today. The Ordinary
manner tomorrow will be the Ordinary manner tomorrow.

We have the Right to the Ordinary manner of Travel used on any
particular stretch of Public Highway, Road, Path or other Public Right
of Way at any particular time.