Old March 11th 05, 07:01 PM

Groo the Wanderer wrote:
> The April issue of the official US Playstation magazine has a

playable demo
> of Enthusia professional racing. I tried it because i was interested

by the
> physics video and was hoping for something that wouldn't have the

flaws of
> GT4. I have the Logitech Driving Force pro which is supported by

Enthusia.

> I seriously hope that it was an early demo with simplified physics

because
> what i saw didn't impress me. For a game touted as a Gran Turismo

killer, it
> didn't deliver. I'll give it another chance when it comes out.

Fortunately
> with console games, you can rent them at your local video club.

That's the thing about early console demos, you never know how old the
code is. I hope things are improved in the final product, because GT4
doesn't do much for me. These are the second somewhat negative
comments I've read about Enthusia. The other coming from IGN or
Gamespot who did a preview a couple of months back. Maybe it's the
same code base, or maybe the game simply won't live up to expectations.
Didn't this same developer have a similar competitor to GT3? It was
either Capcom or Konami, but it was a game very similar to GT3, high
expectations and twitchy, twitchy steering.

I take it that the demo does not include AI competitors? That's my
major beef with GT4. It's a great driving game, but a lousy racing
game. And GT3 pretty fulfilled my GT driving experience quota so I
don't have much interest in GT4. I even find myself thinking of PGR2
over GT4. And I've spent $600 on wheel, game, and cockpit for GT4!