Old August 28th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Carl[_3_]

Default Oil-filter removal (2004 Jeep Liberty)

Last time I had this problem, I sent the old lady to th store. She returned
with a tool that looked like a large pair of pliers. With 5 or 6 sharp
teeth. Squeeze it onto the filter and the teeth bite into it. It's short
enough to reach in there but long enough to get plenty of leverage and make
a breeze of the tightest filters. Grab it closer to the engine to reduce the
possibilty of twisting the cannister. If all else fails, fill the engine
back up with oil and take it to Jiffy Lube.

Carl

oups.com...