Old July 11th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
The Reverend Natural Light

Default Jeep 4.2L - Wont Idle!

Joe C,

After all my dumbass troubleshooting, I went ahead and followed the
instructions to clear the idle tubes. Forget sludge in the tubes, one
of them had a huge chunk of metal stuck in it! I pulled the chunk out,
put the carb back together, and it runs great! This was a rebuilt carb
fresh from the parts store!!

Note to others: From all the notes I could find, clogged idle tubes
were supposed to look like a rich condition. Not in this case! It ran
like it had a horrible vacuum leak.

Thanks!

-rev

Oh, and apparantly someone already invented the old model ignition
module in the new model engine - it's called the "Nutter Bypass" and
there are far easier ways to do it.