Old March 6th 05, 03:05 AM
ChrisCoaster

Actually, the fronts are closer to the "in" limit than to the "toe out"
limit. Positive values indicate toe-in, Negative= toe out, if I'm
correct?

I bought the car used from a dealer, and the alignment seemed fine
until I had the tires replaced and alignment done a couple months ago.
The salesman I referred to in my original post simply acts as liason
between the customer and the installation / alignment techs. He and
the alignment tech both went over my specs and stated that adjusting
the toe and/or camber will have some effect on caster. I took them at
face value and have been wandering across the countryside in my fine
Buick Impala ever since....

Either way, I would like someone - the dealer, a specialty shop, or
Town Fair, to figure out how to restore the correct amount of caster.
I like a ride with a strong sense of center - being a bitch to park is
no big deal, I'm not veering off into a tree or oncoming traffic at
60mph when parking, y'know? ; )

-CC