Old July 18th 06, 08:47 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default Visual Differences Between Cast Iron & Forged Steel Crankshafts

Hi there,

I have searched high and low for an answer to this question. I
recently have purchased a 1969 375hp 396 engine. A very rare engine!
Now the only problem is telling if it has all the true internal
components inside as I was told it had.

Can anyone tell me if there are any visual differences between
cast iron & forged steel crankshafts that will help me determine what
is inside. If there are not any visual is there a way to tell...any
factors I can look for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Gerlitz