Old September 14th 05, 09:13 PM
lcX

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 00:33:38 -0400, "muckhead"
> wrote:

>We have a Mazada 626 and the OD light starting flashing and then the
>transmission started shifting very hard. Now our car will not go in
>reverse, does anyone have any ideas? When we shift to neutral it will go
>forward and in reverse it will not go. HELP PLEASE!!!!

You are being ripped off - check Google for Mazda problems.
I had the same problems with my Mazda 626.

1) Do a goole search for "azda auto transmission" lots of them are
failing, transmissions too small, and a 49.00 cooling kit may be
needed. Hot and/or humid weather makes them act up - overheating per
the web pages. Also search for the "EJournal". You will find lots of
sources on line via Google. Get in line.

2.) Make sure your car is off, and the emegercy brake is on, and the
your car is on level ground.

For you shift problem, there should be a notch on the left side of
your engine that shift your gears, it is shifted from inside your car
by a rubber strap. Get a flash lite, have someone to shift gears,
feel down next to the strap (when the engine is cool of course), and
you should be able to slip this strap back on you car and shift the
gears. You may also be able to shift by using your fingers to push
the small shift notch (on the side of you engtine with your fingers
(to park, reverse, drive, 2nd, etc.) A new one may cost you about
133.00 bucks? Check on the net for prices (do know the proper name
for this part, sorry).

That should at least get you going. A lot of people have and are
being ripped off - 60 Minutes where are you?

Best wishes & hope that help
LCX.