Old August 27th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
bryanska

Default I rounded the bleeder screw - what now?

UPDATE -

A few lessons about Alero bleeder screws:

1) They are impossible to find. Advance Auto, Checkers, Bumper to
Bumper, and a local shop didn't have them. Napa came close, but not
quite. I bought 2 there but when I got them home they were too short.

2) There is more "hex" to grip if you remove the rubber boot at the
base of the screw. It pulls right off and you have an additional 1/16"
to play with.

In the end, I used the original screw with the extra hex I found. I put
some silicone lube on the threads, and good a good seal and a good
bleed.

Pedal feels great, road test %100.