Old May 5th 05, 06:04 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On Thu, 05 May 2005 16:19:39 GMT, rutman > wrote:

>Hi thanks for the reply
>
>its a deep cycle Gel battery.
>
>made by Napa Auto parts
>

>the only number i see stamped on the battery that might resemble a
>model number is " TYPE AGU1"

What will happen with a *smart* charger when you use hi current on a
gel cell, is it will feed hi current in spurts if you select the AGM,
GEL CELL switch position.

If you select low current it charges continuously. At say around 2
amperes. How do I know? I measured the f*in thing. That's how I
know. It ain't theory, it's the way the thing works.

So you can spend $16 at WalMart, and buy the Vector 2 amp smart
charger, rated for 2 amperes, and it will first read the state of
charge, then begin -forcing- 2 amperes through the battery, and when
the battery is up to voltage, indicating full charge, it turns itself
off.

So go to Wally world, part with the $16, and your problems are over.

Model VC080

It looks like a little brick, with no buttons on it, just a cord going
to the battery, and another going to a wall outlet.

Lg