Old May 5th 05, 08:19 PM
Brian

Your battery will like you better if you charge it slowly. 2 amps is better
than 10 amps.

No comment on whether DC with an AC component is "pure" DC or not. I do
have a little Shumacher charger that I am quite impressed with, and I also
have a tiny little "transformer lump" charger that cost a bomb and is
specifically designed to charge gel cells. It charges at 14.5 volts until
the battery is charged, and then goes to 13.7 volts for long term storage.
Judging by it's size I would be very surprised if it can charge at more than
half an amp or so.

Brian