Old August 6th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_1_]

Default Low TJ oil pressure = new oil pump?

If these oil pressure readings are real, then your symptoms point to worn
out bearings. The pump itself is not likely to wear out, because it is the
best lubricated part in the engine. Other possibilities are a blockage on
the pump intake, perhaps from sludge, or idle speed too low. Clean the idle
air control valve to address that problem. It is odd to see a vehicle of
this mileage with this low oil pressure, even at idle, especially if it has
been maintained well.

We had a woman in the commune who drove probably sixty miles, to find
someone who could tell her what the little blue dash light on her Karmann
Ghia was all about. (

Earle