Old December 14th 04, 06:08 PM

On 11 Dec 2004 08:41:02 -0800, "Miki" > wrote:

||I had a '65 Rustang that I installed a Global West suspension kit on.
||It necessitated removing the front upper A-arms and drilling new
||boltholes to relocate the arms higher up in the vehicle. The kit came
||wth new rear leaf springs. It was VERY stiff, and very low, but
||handled great. Although the ride was firm, I wouldn't characterize it
||as uncomfortable; maybe because it was controlled and not bouncy.

I was going to suggest this. Relocating the upper A-arms improves the geometry
and lowers the front slightly. All Shelby Mustangs had this mod at the Shelby
plant. This is the first thing to do to any early Mustang (or Falcon) that is
going to see road-racing-type duty. And it's free

Texas Parts Guy