Old January 14th 05, 01:59 AM
Matt B.

"Bert Hyman" > wrote in message
om...
> Silly question, but I guess I've never stood in front of my car and looked
> at it when the lights are on 'til now.
>
> I guess there are three states (not counting the fog lamps):
>
> 1. DRL
> 2. Normal headlights on
> 3. High beams on
>
> It appears that from the front at least, states 1&2 are the same, with the
> outer pair of lamps lit, while state 3 also brings up the inner pair.
>
> Right?
>
> I expected the DRL mode to be reduced intensity, but that doesn't seem to
> be the case.
>
> --
> Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

All correct.

The DRLs might be slightly reduced but barely perceptible. I know on my
Eurovan they're almost no dimmer to the naked eye but if I put a voltmeter
to the wiring the DRLs are slightly less voltage than my low beams. But
yeah...they're not really any dimmer from a "does it matter" standpoint.