Old April 1st 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Flushing cooling system on GMC Savanna.........

"Peter Griffin" > wrote in message
> Ok...same 99 Gmc Savanna 5.7l as usual...now I just finished changing the
> intake manifold gaskets, and I figure I'll scab up enough tonight to
> undertake the coolant flushing tomorrow...Question is a friend suggested
> vinegar as a flushing agent...Any pro's or cons will be appreciated...I
> just planned on filling with water getting to temp...draining a few
> times...thanks in advance ...

I wouldn't waste my time with vinegar. It isn't acidic enough to really
do any good with respect to any iron oxide that may be in the system...
at least over the short term. And if you dont get it completely washed
out, it could offset some of the corrosion protection you might expect
from your coolant corrosion inhibitor package.

The idea isn't totally off base, just too weak to be effective.