Old August 5th 05, 09:15 PM
Steve

On a related note- are you Magnum owners happy with the capacity of the
air-conditioning system? Especially anyone in Texas, New Mexico, or Arizona.

I've had two Magnums as rentals now, and neither one seemed to have as
much A/C power as our 1993 LH car does, or as my '66 Polara. The Magnums
both eventually got cool, but took a LONG time to get really cold and
had to be kept on "max" for much longer than I'm used to. In fact, the
second rental was in Iowa during the recent "heat wave" (although it was
only 104, and it gets a lot hotter than that at home routinely) and it
pretty much HAD to be kept on "max" all the time. If the R/T has an
equally puny A/C system, I'm afraid its right off the list of possible
replacements for the '93 when the time comes. :-(

The first rental was a 3.5L car, and I was surprised that it was
reasonably peppy. The second was a 2.7L car, and I was ashamed to be
driving it... they REALLY shouldn't offer that engine in such a heavy car.