Old July 25th 05, 01:12 AM
The Real Bev

John S wrote:

> David Chesler wrote:
>
> > > Many police in Massachusetts consider any object hanging from a rear
> > > view mirror to be an excuse to stop a car.

> > Some property management companies issue parking placards designed to
> > be hung from the rear view mirror, as does the Registry itself for
> > handicapped parking placards.

> Right, but I assume it is only a problem when the car is being driven. I
> can't think of a reason to hang a parking pass or a handicapped parking
> permit when driving. I do see a lot of people driving around with their
> handicapped placards dangling from their mirrors though. Sometimes I
> almost feel that I am the only one without one.

Worst things -- beautiful prismatic crystals which can momentarily blind
people in other cars.

> It is probably a good idea to remove obstructions from your line of
> vision.

It's illegal here to put anything on your rear window except in the bottom
farthest-from-driver corner. I also use the spot on my pickup rear window
directly behind my head -- if anybody thinks I can see out that spot they've
watched The Exorcist way too many times.

--
Cheers,
Bev