Old September 4th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

Default 1999 Town&Country in limp mode, speedometer doesn't work

On 4 Sep 2006 07:53:09 -0700, "Rico" > wrote:

>My 1999 Chrysler Town&Country had some strange indications. The gear
>wouldn't shift up, the engine service light came on and the speedometer
>doesn't work.
>After searching the internet on a solution I disconnected the battery
>in order to reset the computer. The engine service light is out now
>buth the speedometer and shift problems are still present.
>
>Can anybody help me on this issue? <snip>

Putting out the service light isn't a "fix." What was the code before
you did that, or did you just wipe the computer to get rid of the
light without fixing the problem? If you did, you've just opened up a
can of worms for yourself, as you'd wiped out diagnostic information.
Must be "dutch logic" at work here!