Old September 4th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
FeMaster

Default 1999 Town&Country in limp mode, speedometer doesn't work

"Rico" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> My 1999 Chrysler Town&Country had some strange indications. The gear
> wouldn't shift up, the engine service light came on and the speedometer
> doesn't work.
> After searching the internet on a solution I disconnected the battery
> in order to reset the computer. The engine service light is out now
> buth the speedometer and shift problems are still present.
>
> Can anybody help me on this issue?

No speedometer and non-shifting gears would indicate (most likely) that one
of the two speed sensors on the transmission is bad. Though there is the
SLIM chance that there could be a wiring problem to one or the other...