Old July 16th 05, 02:55 PM
TomP

Well Peabody, I'd say if Mr.Earl will pay for the collateral damage, to
the engine, if the timing belt does break before 90k. Then I'd say
let-R-run and see who's right.
Thermal (heat) cycles and proper tension also factor in on the equation
of "when to replace the t/belt."

For the record, I replaced the T/Belt on my '90 Integra 3 years ago; it
only had 68k miles. The belt didn't look particularly distressed; but
at 12 years old the car is hardly worth what it would take to
rehabilitate the engine/head if the T/Belt did break...

--
Tp,

No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...