Old March 15th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 97 Accord Tuneup?

Do you have a reason for doing the oxygen sensors? They are
not routine maintenance, and they are not cheap for this
car.

I'd change the air filter and fuel filter. I don't care if
those are OEM or not on my car.

Consider changing the distributor rotor, too. Use an OEM
one. (Plugs should be per the owner's manual's specs.
Ignition wires and cap should be OEM.)

Get a timing light and check the ignition timing.

How old is the coolant?

Put a bottle of Chevron Techron fuel injector yada cleaner
in the fuel tank when it's near empty. Fill tank. Try to
schedule an oil change a couple weeks later. Wal-Mart and
Autozone carry this product for around $7 a bottle.

Got a manual? Your library may have one for your Accord. Or
buy a Chilton's for it on Ebay (though that may take a
month) or at some place like Autozone. Or piece together the
steps using the free online manuals and parts drawing sites
for Accords close to the 1997 at
http://home.earthlink.net/~honda.lioness/id9.html .

Anything in particular lead to your decision to do a full
tune-up?

How many miles on your car?

"Enuf4me" > wrote