Old March 11th 05, 08:17 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 07:33:28 -0600, "HLS" > wrote:

>"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Otoh, if you have a strong other person to help, you can
>> do it without the gizmo.
>>
>> I don't remember where I saw the door holder, but it was adjustable
>> and had wheels on it for rolling the door away and back to the
>> vehicle.
>>
>> Lg
>>

>Luckily, the hinge mounts to the door are welded so there is no adjustment.
>I plan to mark the hinges on the chassis so they will be easy to get back
>into relative alignment.
>
>I plan to use a nylon strap on my engine hoist to lift the doors and
>transport them.
>
>What I didn't know was how hard that spring will be to replace in the hinge
>assembly.

Not familiar with your particular hinge arrangement HLS ;-\
I have just *ordinary* screw-in hinge plates, not much different than
you would see on a wooden door. The only *gotcha* is the electrical
harness that goes into the door that goes to the control panel for
electric windows, power locks, and so forth.

But really, all we're talking about to replace _everything_ in the
*hinge department* is four angle brackets and a couple of hardened
pins. Pretty simple stuff if you can get the parts new from
somewhere. No sense going to all that trouble if you're going to put
WORN parts in from a salvage yard to replace worn parts on your
car.;-|

This is about $10 worth of hardware per door? I haven't asked
dealership, but when I get over there, might pick up some parts
because the driver's door is the one that takes all the abuse, and it
is inevitable it is going to need to be replaced sooner or later.

That's all there is to it. Angle brackets with holes, pins in the
holes. Then again, it's a Ford, so whaddaya expect.

Lg