Old March 1st 05, 06:58 PM
Brent P

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> Agreed. However, red lights still get run even at correctly engineered
> intersections. The presence of a RLC might not make any money for the
> city, but it would still reduce the number of red light runners at
> that intersection.

Would be trivial. The correct engineering will reduce it by 90 something
percent if I recall correctly. At best you're looking at a couple percent
reduction after that.

> If, someday, a city actually installs RLCs "for safety" as they claim
> has been their motivation all along, that would be A Good Thing.

They aren't for safety. Government doesn't do things for our safety. It
does things for it's power, it's money, and it's survival.

>>Now, your arguement seems to be of
>>one that a small minority of drivers is such a problem, that ALL of us
>>should always be tracked, logged, watched, etc.

> A properly functioning RLC will not track, log, or watch you unless
> you violate the law. I do not support the perversion of those RLCs for
> other purposes.

The government could work around that so easily. In fact they already do.
It simply takes making everyone into a violator.