Old April 26th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Wax a new car?

remember that you aren't dealing with old-style paint.......whatever you
apply, your putting it on the clearcoat. you want to avoid anything
abrasive.....check the label on the products, but bear in mind that
they're selling themselves.

I'm waiting 'till my '06 is 4-5 months old, then it's going to get
Nu-Finish, just to put a water-repellant coating on it and enhance the
shine. My good/old cars still get wax......but started using Nu-Finish
on the beater since it takes so little time to apply.....then saw that
it's the only thing that still beads water after going thru an entire
winter of snow, salt and standing out. And since it goes on so ez, and
litterally "dusts" off (i.e. no rubbing) I figure it won't wear down the
clearcoat.