Old August 14th 06, 01:31 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jules

Default Does this sound like a serious problem?

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Jules wrote:
> > Hi all
> > Well yesterday i wrote off my E34 520 as i had a blow out as i was going
> > around a roundabout in the wet, it shot off and hit the kerb at about

20mph
> > so it it bend the susp, damaged 2 wheels and i guess a load of other

things
> > too.
> >

> Yes, of course you did.

Yes i did, any faster and i would have gone over the kerb and done a lot
more damage, and the cops wouldnt have been fine about it.

> > I have been looking for another 5 series on ebay UK, i was due to drive

to E
> > Germany in a month so i need something quick, which gives me a week or

so to
> > make sure its upto the job
> >

> Can't you repair the one you have?

not within 3 weeks, the mot was due to be done too as it matches when i
would be in Germany. I think the labour would be at least the 600 i paid for
the and the parts may be the same amount. Im off to take some pics of the
car tonight so will post a link then up

> The auto box might respond to a few oil changes but it's a gamble and
> generally speaking not a good one.

Esp as if i was stuck in E Germany or Poland......seen a couple of 525
manual TDs where the sellers on ebay are ok to wait a little longer for me
to get the cash together.