Old July 23rd 05, 02:11 PM
Max Reheat

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 12:22:53 +0200, "alfistagj"
> selected combat throttle and
flew into a dogfight with:

>Oil burners is only applicable to the first generation 2.0JTS engines.

Oil burners are diesel engines; the 2.0JTS is a petrol engine ;o).

The oil consumption of my 2.0 JTS has always been within specification
and has improved over 2 1/2 years since new.

>All others engines have "normal" oil consumption easily maintained by
>checking (topping up when needed) the oil level every 4-5 tankstops.

Oil check is every 300 miles. I use the tripmeter as a guide and the
trip computer for measuring trip (Alfa speak: mission) distances.

<Snip pertinent questions>

Perhaps the OP should contact his motoring organization (and/or
Trading Standards) for advice and perhaps an engineering inspection to
ensure that the service was properly conducted and not the cause of
the failure.

--
Max Reheat () - deselect Part Throttle Reheat to reply.

Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Selespeed Veloce
Lancia Dedra 1.8i.e.SE