Old December 21st 04, 03:45 AM
Whitelightning

""Doc"" > wrote in message

> "shiden_kai" > wrote in message
> > Whitelightning wrote:
> >
> >> Or pre fill the oil filter before putting it on.

> > Right....I'd like to see you pre-fill the oil
> > filter on an Ecotec 4 cylinder engine. And
> > many other engines....good luck!
> >
> > Ian

> Bingo.
>
> The majority of 4-bangers I've worked on have the filter mounted parallel

> the ground, making it just a wee bit difficult <read:impossible> to

pre-oil
> the filter before install.
>
> Doc

You might not be able to completely fill it on all cars, but even if you can
get 1/4 qt in a 1/2 qt filter you have lessened the amount of time with no
oil pressure. I remember a few cars were your hands were completely tied
over the years, like the Chrysler slant six with the filter mounted upside
down, or more than a few toyotas were the filter was mounted angled down, or
any engine that used a cartridge instead of a spin on filter.
Whitelightning