Old May 17th 05, 04:57 AM
DaveW

If you had been here in the 1970s you wouldn't recgoginze it! Not a good
thing IMHO. Lots of yuppification. The actual beach area is not too
different, but most of Santa Monica has gone with the nasty trends of
the past few years.....lots of new stop signs, speed bumps, Starbucks,
"upscale shops", multiplexes, tourists, you name it.

The Pep Boys which had been on the corner of Santa Monica Blvd. and 6th
Street turned into a Salvation Army store about 2 years ago. I avoid SM
as much as possible these days. My folks still live there, and my doctor
and dentist (way too much of him lately) are there.

I'm in Mar Vista, just East of Venice. For the most part my nieghborhood
is still nice. Oddly, I now live 5 blocks from where I lived until I was
12 years old. Dad moved to Santa Monica in 1971, and I followed in 1975
when Mom and the asshole (I mean stepdad) moved out of state.

Hum, you remind me, my 25 year Samohi reunion is coming up! Class of 1980.

Best Regards,

DAve