Old February 24th 05, 05:19 AM
C.H.

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:53:01 -0800, Universal Soldier wrote:

> Dan Ganek wrote:
>
>> Are you serious? Of course it's not legal. Even in MA it's illegal.
>> You have a legal responsibility to prevent an accident under all
>> conditions.
>>

> Let's say I'm making a left turn from a minor road, and you are coming from
> my left. Normally, I would wait until the road is clear for me to make the
> left turn. But by your logic, it's OK to drive into the middle of the road,
> blocking you, stand there, until there is a gap in the traffic coming from
> my right, and move only then?

No, that would be wrong too. You apparently are a total failure at logic
our you would know that A->B does by no means mean B->A.

But two wrongs don't make a right, never have, never will.

> Because if it's not OK for you to hit my car (according to you), I can
> do whatever the hell I want.

No, you can't, at least not if you are at least halfway human.

> More realistically, how would the courts decide or insurance companies
> settle in the above scenario - that's what determines "right" and "wrong".

If they could prove (and you would be surprised, what can be proven today)
that you intentionally caused the accident, you would go to jail (or
prison, depending on whether you 'only' damaged property or killed someone).

Chris