Old July 18th 05, 01:07 AM
Leonard Caillouet

Default Odyssey 2000 EGR system

My engine check light came on and the ODB code indicates restricted EGR
flow. Looking briefly I see what appear to be sensors in the exhaust before
the cat con and in the cat con itself, but I do not see the EGR valve nor
the line to it. Anyone familiar with these enough to tell me if this is a
reasonably easy service job and where the EGR valve is located?

Also, and curious, the TCS light has intermittently come on when the engine
check light was on. Neither has come back on since I reset the codes and
have driven it several trips, including up to 60 mph with decel. several
times to get the EGR system check to operate. I wonder if maybe there is a
bad ground or transients in the system. I see complaints of erratic engine
check lights and unreliable ODB codes on Hondas of this era. Anyone have
some knowledge of this stuff?

Any recommendations for service manuals would be appreciated. I intend to
order the Honda manual, but if there are others that are more useful I'd
like to know.

The van has 80K miles on it. I am an electronics tech working on repairs at
the component level and have a DIY level of auto repair skill that is above
average.

Thanks,

Leonard