Old August 27th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ralf Ballis

Default Dodge Dynasty engine locked

wrote:

> I tried to start it in Park and just a loud click. Moved it to Neutal
> and nothing. Moved it to Low and got the same click as it did in Park.

Whats the reason for this miss alignment and does shift control lever match
to the indicator?
If it's sure that you are able to bring it in neutral or park position, you
should be able to crank it.
Check neutral start switch for a closing contact in park and neutral
position of shift control lever, use a control lamp or an ohm meter, a
faulty or incorrect adjusted neutral start switch could be a case.
You should check this loud click, is it only from a relays or is it the
starter solenoid.
Check does solenoid mesh to the flywheel.

> Could this be an issue also, and how do I realign it if so?

Neutral position have to match at the shift control lever and the shift
control at the transmission. A shop manual would be an important help to
locate mechanical arrangements for adjustment especially of this model.

Regards,

Ralf
--
www.omnibusclub.de
Erfinder des Abgasturboladers Dr. Alfred J. Büchi: "Die Abgase,