Old August 29th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
TeGGeR®

Default Noise when turning

" > wrote in
oups.com:

> My 97 civic is making a groaning/grinding noise when turning left
> pretty sharply. From what I've read, it's likely the be the outer CV
> joint. Anyboyd have any idea of how much money it costs to fix a failed
> outer CV? Also, can I keep driving the car with the CV I have now?

A failed outer CV joint will click-click-click-click or clunk-clunk-clunk-
clunk, or make some other regular noise.

Your problem sounds more like a seizing lower balljoint. Better get that
looked at right quick, or...
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/lower...int/index.html
(I didn't have much fun that day.)

--