Old December 22nd 04, 03:31 PM
KOS

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> Switch the AC on to get rid of fog on the inside of the windows.
>
> Do NOT blame the weather on your car. You paid extra for a car with

no leaks
> and wind whistles. Your hot breath mixed with moist, cold air will

cause fog
> to form on the inside of the window. Set the Temp controls for 72, or
> wherever you like, and switch the AC on. The AC will dry the air, and

the

-
> > however, the other night, while driving, (it was not raining) when

> > started the car up and began to drive, the drivers side window and

the
> > rear passenger side window began to fog up, also the back window. I
> > have the climate control set to 72 degrees and it is in the

automatic
> > mode. (I am located in New England) I remember reading somewhere in

the
> > BMW literature that it stated that if you have it set to automatic,

the
> > windows would most likely never fog up. If I have the climate

control
> > set to automatic, should the window fog up? please advise- being

that
> > the car runs in the 50$$K range, I figured that foggy windows would

be
> > solved. Also, I realize that if the windows do fog up I can hit the
> > blower- that does solve the problem on a temporary basis, when I

shut
> > it off, its foggy.
> >
> > KOS

With the 2004 BMW 525i- when you have the climate control set to
automatic, it automatically turns the AC on and off- so, to your point
of turning on the AC, it goes on automatically in that particular
mode.- It senses humidity- the manual states that in the auto mode- the
car will not fog due to the fact that the ac kicks on automatically