Old January 17th 05, 03:04 AM
Darius

Thank you, marx404
Just as I was going to unsubscribe from the newsgroup, somebody finally pulls
through.
Yes, the link helps a great deal. BTW seeing the bulletin scroll endlessly
while checking out my van makes me appreciate the short list devoted to that
particular year/model of Saturn.
I did take a look at the Saturn I had spoted at the dealer lot, and was
instantly turned off of it.
Car came from eastern Canada (I live in Manitoba) and was brutally rusty
underneath, even hinges under the hood were caked with rust. They (over)use
salt to condition roads in the winter in Ontario and Quebec, and salt is
rendered useless in our arctic fifty below deep freeze of Manitoba. We use sand
for traction.
I also talked to my mechanic (40 years of experience) who said to stay away
from DOHC (oil burner) but otherwise had no problems with 1.9 L. in S cars.
I maintain my cars, so there should not be any overheating problems, unless the
damage has already been done, which my mechanic will check for me.
Once again, thanks for the info and the link.