Old March 11th 05, 09:01 PM
Tim Epstein

Default LCD dissapointing for sims

After much debating about latency, I took the plunge today, and bought a
Viewsonic VP201 20 inch LCD monitor (1600x1200) and an ATI 800XT platinum
video card to drive it.

The screen is just brilliant for photos and other still use, but I bought it
specifically for sims. It was a bit let down. It has 16ms response time,
which I understand is about as fast as it gets for a big screen, and I
understood that this was ok, but it gets very blurry when the car is
cornering. It is not only disconcerting, but I'm actually feeling nauseated.

I read some great reviews of this screen, and a couple of others that warned
that it wasn't fantatic for gaming, but bought it anyway.

At least I didn't buy two of them! I'll wait until things improve further,
or buy a smaller (faster) LCD for sim racing.

Tim