Old July 24th 05, 08:50 PM
XS11E

"Travdogg" > wrote in:

> I am having some what similar problems with my 01/626 I pulled up to my
> house and put the car in park and went to back up and nothing. I am
> wondering can any one tell me if this sort of problem is fixable or should
> I just trade her in. It is a 2001 626 with 98k miles on it. And the gear
> shift moves but I get nothing from the transmission when I put it in
> reverse, drive nor any other gear. HELP ME please, this just happened last
> week so I am still in the denial stages. What can I do if anything.

Call the dealer or a transmission shop. Check with the better business
bureau as to which ones are reputable.

Your problem is fixable but it may be expensive. Based on the 98K miles most
shops will want to do a rebuild or replace the transmission rather than find
the problem and repair it.

Consider the trade in value, the Kelly Blue Book is around $3,000 trade in
for average condition and with the transmission not working will be much
less... you'll have to make the decision.