Old March 16th 05, 10:51 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

\"Dave C." > wrote in message
link.net...

>> I wish for that raison d'être that I could spray everyone's
>> license plate with a photoblocker spray http://www.photoblocker.com/
>> and get the whole thing as the crow flies. Everybody will drive with
>> self-belief and there will be fewer accidents.
>>
>> If my memory serves me correctly, radar-blocking devices are illegal in
>> Portland. They've cut you off at the pass.

> How so? Even if you use the spray, that in no way interferes with radar.
> They can still get a good lock on your car and tell how fast your car is
> going. Too bad they don't know where to send the ticket. -Dave

The law applies to plastic license plate covers, but I think the term is
devices. If you get pulled over for something else and they notice your
license plate has been tampered with, then they could ding you for that too.

This may be a scam anyway--maybe it's some spray on snake-oil thing. A
better and cheaper alternative is just don't get speeding tickets.