Old July 24th 05, 10:48 PM
fbloogyudsr

"David Chesler" > wrote
> I'm thinking that a center aisle is preferable to a bench for
> the second-row seats. Is there something in favor of a right-side
> aisle I'm not considering?

You seem to be confusing 2nd and 3rd. 2nd row seat
options are individual chairs, or a bench (usually with r-hand
access to the 3rd row.)

> Any reason not to have captain's (swivel) front seats?

AFAIK, no minivan offers swivel seats. They are forward-
facing only.

> Any reason not to have a left-side back door?

Cost, model year.

> Do any models have opening windows for the second row?

Very few middle (2nd row) windows open. Almost always the
rear 3rd-row windows open in a vent manner. None have
roll-downs in either 2nd or 3rd row.

> How often are swing-out doors available, and do they offer
> advantages? (There was a tragic accident where a kid was killed
> by a sliding door around here a few years ago.) I suppose sliding
> doors open more and take less room; are they harder to close well?

Sliding is the only way to go. IIRC, only Mazda had/has swingers.

> What are the best options for carrying bicycles (1 adult and 3
> kid-sized) with a mini-van?

Trailer hitch mounted rack.

Floyd