Old January 2nd 05, 02:04 PM
Bob Paulin

wrote in article
> I have a 74 Kawasaki Z1 that the gas tank is rusting on the inside. I
> noticed this when winterizing it this year. I usually fill it up to
> the top and add the proper amount of Stable, but seeing the rust this
> year I took the tank off and drained it completely. Does anybody have
> any suggestions on how to treat this tank? Dave

If it is rusting through from the inside, I would treat the tank to a
well-deserved retirement.

If it is only showing surface rust on the inside, there are a number of
coatings that can be applied. Check out some of the antique car and
motorcycle forums.

--
Bob Paulin - R.A.C.E.
Race Car Chassis Analysis & Setup Services