Old December 21st 04, 03:24 PM
johnnya

You are exactly right, it came with the Bridgestone's. I probably got more
miles because mine were completely bald, they looked like racing slicks on
the back.

They were so far gone that I just took what they had in stock without any
research. Goodyear said that they were good tires for what I needed. They
are TOYO's Proxes FZ4 All Season High Performance tire. Any comments on
these? Also, what tire pressure do you recommend?

Thanks,
JohnnyA

"Randy Maheux" > wrote in message
> If your car came with Bridgestone Touranza E30 tires, you did well to get
> 24K out of them. I'm replacing mine at 18K. They are a performance tire
> with a very low treadwear rating. I'm switching to Yokohama AVS ES-100s.
> It is still a performance tire, but I expect them to last closer to 30K.
>
> Randy
>
> "johnnya" > wrote in message
> > I bought a new 2004 in March and now have 24,000 miles on it. I had to
> > replace the tires last week as they had no tread left on them ( I did

not
> > check them as often as I should have - just assumed that tires would

last
> > longer than this and only rotated once).
> >
> > Can someone help me understand if this is something that I can look

> forward
> > to forever (this is my first Miata and I love it!!). I have 205/45/16

> size
> > tires. I would prefer to replace them next time with higher profile and
> > smaller size, any recommendations?? I use the car more as a fun

commuter