Old May 21st 04, 05:55 PM
Pete

On Fri, 21 May 2004 16:01:11 +0100, MeatballTurbo
>, wrote:

SNIP
>Plus, I've seen a 155 for under =A3300 currently on Ebay with full FSH.
>Same car being advertised for =A3600 by the dealer/owners in Autotrader.
>A 75 with a years MOT for under =A3700

I am not suggesting for one moment that buying an AR costs lots of cash.
Buying one with a budget of 500 quid, and not needing to spend more than
a few bob putting it right and running it for a year is the rub.
Yes, I agree there are bargain AR cars in plenty. However, if it is cheap
motoring that you are looking for then I question that AR would be the best
Marque to look at.

>And 3 more 164 and 146's all within 40 mile for under =A31k
>
>all appear to be in good knick and most have full or near full history,=20
>and reasonable mileage.

I am not surprised that you can find these cars, but that is double the
budget and even if the car is well-found and as described, it could cost
another 50% if anything went wrong.

Hey, I am not trying to put you off Alfa Romeo. I love them with a passion.
Just as many here do. I would just hate for you to go away, buy an AR, land
yourself with a repair bill and hate us and Alfas for life <G>

If you are looking for a great car with which to experience great driving,
and to develop a passionate relationship, this is another matter.

I am fortunate enough to afford a wife and a mistress.
The only way I get away with having a mistress, is that I bought my wife
her own mistress. <BWG>

Pete
======remove the rust to reply======

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)