Old July 22nd 05, 06:56 PM
Peter

Hi,

That's a thought. This gearbox has given me trouble in the past.
When starting up the car again, I will try what it's doing under the
conditions you describe.
A way to find out is IMHO to disengage the clutch and see if the sound has
gone. If it is engine bearings - whichever - the clatter should persist, at
least some.

Thanks for the idea.

Carl

"Brian Stell" > schreef in bericht
m...

> > It is loudest on a cold engine, and in the afternoon, with engine still
> > warm, is never that loud again. It also becomes very high in frequency

when
> > cold when the throttle is released, after driving in low gear and low

load,