Old March 11th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default DexCool

> Edward Strauss wrote: blah blah blah I love Fords but it's just my opinion but I wouldn't > own one and I have no sense of humor etc...

You are a joyous one, aren't you?!
FYI, I just got off the phone with Ford, as instructed. They said they
can't waste any time looking up stats for the venerable 1.9 as they're
knee deep screwing up new engine designs.

The only reason I could see that you would have made the flip statement
"I'm no internet expert, but..." is to imply that *I* was. You can't
expect me to let that one go, considering all of the advice I give out
on CAR REPAIR based on ACTUALLY REPAIRING CARS FOR A LIVING! What do
you do here? Bitch about ballast resistors? Why don't you go to the
Car and Driver forums if you want to talk about cars? Feel free to ask
questions here about car repair if you want to. Hey, go to whatever
forum would best match your field of expertise and dole out accurate
info there. But to imply that I don't know car repair -- coming from
you -- is pretty rich -and- quite petty.

Recap: The OP had already received satisfactory replies; he needed no
more input. I made a response in good fun to a poster about his ride.
He replied in good fun, actually agreeing. Smily emoticons were tossed
out like candy at a parade. The fact that you've seriously replied 3
times to a fun post just floors me. I'm out.

Toyota MDT in MO