Old August 31st 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

Default Direction GM's taking Saturn

BläBlä wrote:

> A car that makes 400hp and probably will get 28 mpg highway is far from
> a gas guzzler. Find me something else making that much power and getting
> better gas mileage. There wouldnt be any notable difference in gas
> mileage between it and a 6cyl Honda powered Vue. It probably wouldnt
> hurt gas mileage the slightest bit to put a 300hp rated LS2 in the
> Saturn Vue and gear it taller since it doesnt tow anything anyway. The
> latest V8's from GM are downright indestructible and amazingly
> efficient. Next time you jab at gas mileage look at the power output.

Sure, you might have the facts on your side, but it doesn't mean much
when the public perception is different. SUV's are dead by the way, 10
more years, people will be looking at the and asking what were they
thinking? like those veneer wood panel stationwagonsof the 60s and 70s

Also, those mileage stats don't hold up in the real world, just
corporate propoganda because some executive fool at gm said, hey, why
don't we bring back the camaro ? instead of really using his brain and
saying, why don't we just develop the polymer panel technology a bit
more and build better cars than anyone else with it ?