Old August 31st 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BläBlä[_2_]

Default Direction GM's taking Saturn

In article . com>,
says...

> BläBlä wrote:
> >>

> > A car that makes 400hp and probably will get 28 mpg highway is far from
> > a gas guzzler. Find me something else making that much power and getting
> > better gas mileage. There wouldnt be any notable difference in gas
> > mileage between it and a 6cyl Honda powered Vue. It probably wouldnt
> > hurt gas mileage the slightest bit to put a 300hp rated LS2 in the
> > Saturn Vue and gear it taller since it doesnt tow anything anyway. The
> > latest V8's from GM are downright indestructible and amazingly
> > efficient. Next time you jab at gas mileage look at the power output.

> Sure, you might have the facts on your side, but it doesn't mean much
> when the public perception is different. SUV's are dead by the way, 10
> more years, people will be looking at the and asking what were they
> thinking? like those veneer wood panel stationwagonsof the 60s and 70s
>
> Also, those mileage stats don't hold up in the real world, just
> corporate propoganda because some executive fool at gm said, hey, why

The last WS6 Firebird made 325 hp and it received a 28mpg highway rating
from the EPA. The problem was the epa never goes above 60mph. In real
world use the WS6 has been known to get not only 28mpg but also tip
30mpg and that was before DoD. My car is rated by the EPA at 28mpg
Highway and I've gotten that driving hard and doing 75mph over long
trips. In the worst freezing cold conditions when I was doing short
trips to work have I EVER hit the 18mpg epa "city" rating. My engine
NEVER got warm on those trips... I guess some mileage stats do hold up
in the real world huh?

> don't we bring back the camaro ? instead of really using his brain and
> saying, why don't we just develop the polymer panel technology a bit
> more and build better cars than anyone else with it ?

What's so great about polymer panels that you "must" have them? They're
certainly nothing to cry over. They were as advance as they were going
to get.