Old July 25th 05, 01:22 AM
Michael Anthony

"Bert Kanters" > wrote in message

>>I'm thinking, .... there used to be conversions that bore the block to 90
>>mm with special 90 mm pistons, and then you have a 1832 cc engine. Has
>>anyone experience with these? How is durability/driveability? Aren't the
>>cilinder walls getting to thin? Does anyone know a source for 90 mm
>>pistons? Having pistons custom made is beyond what I want to spent. <<

Hi Bert

No direct experience I'm afraid (I've always felt that 1712cc was just about
on the limit for the boxer - which was after all designed as a 1186, if
memory serves) but when my brother and I were racing in the UK Alfa
championships some years ago we were always blown away by Nick Sismey in
some fairly wild Suds and 33s. His cars were prepared by Lahoma Engineering
(which I believe was / is run by his father John). You could do worse than
try them. Last time I heard they were running a 2000cc 33 (Gulp!)

Lahoma Engineering Ltd
Manning Road Industrial Estate
Bourne
PE10 9HW
Lincolnshire
Tel: (01778) 423942

Let us know how you get on - even though I'm now driving a straight 4 I
still have a serious soft-spot for that glorious boxer sound.

Mike