Old June 9th 05, 05:38 AM
Erik

redcat wrote:
> I had posted in early May that the engine would die while I was
> driving. We got some great feedback (thanks so much) and immediately
> had the battery replaced and the cables checked (they were ok). The
> car is still doing it. The radio will stay on and power windows work,
> but the battery light comes on and power steering won't work while the
> car cuts out. We are going to take it to a Ford Dealership to have it
> looked at rather than to our regular mechanic. Someone else suggested
> a fuel filter, which we will have them look at. Would anyone have any
> other ideas?
> Thanks!!

I can't help per se, but I've also got a '94 Ford Explorer. Please
post to this newsgroup when you find out what's going on with your
vehicle. For myself, my explorer is fine driving and idling, but will
die if I turn it off and then back on within a few minutes. If I leave
it alone for, say, half an hour, it starts fine. I've replaced the
battery, spark plug wires, sparkplugs, air filter and fuel filter.
Still does it. Very frustrating.

Best of Luck,
Erik